The protection of your privacy is very important to us, and we think you should know how your personal information is used by us. Our commitment to ensuring the privacy and security of your information is set out below.
From time to time, we may update our policies and this Privacy Statement. The most current version will always be located on our website.
What information do we collect?
We only collect the information necessary to deliver the best service to you. This may vary depending on your interaction with Adventure Southland Ltd and the services we (or our contractors and third parties) provide to you.
This information may include:
- Your name, address, date of birth, gender, email address, telephone numbers, postal address, medical and dietary information, contact information of an emergency contact person, and any previous outdoor experience.
- Details of previous activities, trips, sessions or events you have attended or enquired about.
- Information provided through our customer surveys, including feedback forms.
- Any additional information collected from our website, email, social media, or provided by you.
How do we collect this information?
When you make an enquiry or booking with us, we hold certain information to process your request. You may supply this information when contacting us via our website or email, sending us direct mail, providing information over the phone, interacting with our social media channels, or subscribing to our E-Newsletter. We update your information where possible to ensure we are meeting your needs.
Transmission of information via email is not secure, and if you submit any information to us over the internet by email you do so entirely at your own risk. We cannot be responsible for any costs, expenses, loss of profits, harm to reputation, damages, liabilities or any other form of loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your decision to transmit information to us by email.
When you visit our website we might collect information such as your location, browsing habits including times and dates you accessed our website, the full URLs of page you have visited or links you have used to access our website, details of services that were viewed and length of your visit to certain pages of our website; and how you interact with our search engine listings. None of this information is personally identifiable.
How do we use your information?
Adventure Southland Ltd uses your information for the purpose for which it was collected to ensure we provide you with the best service possible. This may include:
- Bookings: First and foremost, we use your personal information to complete and fulfil your booking. We share your sensitive personal information, such as medical and dietary requirements, with our instructors or contractors so they can plan and operate the activity, trip, session or event safely.
We collect this information directly from you to ensure your booking is appropriate for your needs. By Law it is required that we obtain your consent to the collection of “sensitive information” and unless you tell us otherwise, we accept that you have agreed to the collection of all information that is provided for use in agreement with this policy.
We may also provide the relevant personal information to authorities in the event of an emergency.
- Customer service: We share your information with our staff to help you make a booking, respond to your queries, or to provide additional information about our services or your booking.
- Customer feedback: We might also use your contact information to send you a short feedback form or questionnaire related to your experience with us. This helps us to understand and improve our service.
- Marketing activities: We also use your personal information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. This might include measuring the effectiveness of our advertising, establishing what interests you and what doesn’t, remarketing ads on social media, or contacting you via email regarding offers, promotions, upcoming events or competitions we think you might be interested in. You can opt out of email correspondence by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email or contacting our office.
- Improving our services: We use personal information for analytical purposes to improve our services, to enhance user experiences and improve functionality and quality of our website and social media channels.
If you do not wish to receive information from Adventure Southland Ltd, please contact us on the details below to let us know. Please note that if you make such a request we may still need to use your personal information to provide you with the services you have requested as a customer.
Who do we share information with?
We do not sell or rent your personal information. It may be shared as required to fulfil your booking with our staff or contractors, who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
We may, from time to time, operate competitions or other promotions where you will be asked if you are happy for us to share your information with a third-party partner. In such cases, if you give consent for your information to be shared, we will do so.
We may share your information with external market research companies for research purposes only. They will not be authorised to hold your information for any other purpose.
During our regular safety audits, we may be required to present proof of collection of the personal information required for safe operation of any of our trips, programmes or sessions. In this instance your information may be available to the approved safety auditor.
How do we keep your information safe?
We take all reasonable steps with our physical, technical, organisational and electronic security. As part of our security we use industry standard data encryption for transmission of personal information on our website. This allows a secure connection between your internet browser and our internet server.
Your personal information, including sensitive information, is stored securely on-site for seven years before being destroyed. This may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third-party suppliers. None of this is publicly accessible, and is protected by industry standard firewalls and password protection systems.
Links to other websites
The Adventure Southland Ltd website and social media channels provide links to other websites for your ease and convenience. These websites may have different security standards and privacy policies. We recommend that you read the privacy policies for these websites before deciding whether to share your personal information to these websites or social media channels. We are not responsible for the information you choose to divulge to these websites or social media channels.
Photographs, Videos and Testimonials
Feedback supplied to Adventure Southland Ltd may also be used in print and online for marketing and advertising purposes. This includes but not limited to, third party review sites and questionnaires supplied to us post-booking. Additionally, any photographs, video and text sent to Adventure Southland Ltd must be the client’s own.
Access to your personal data
You may request us to tell you whether we are processing personal data about you, to tell you what personal data we are processing and for what purposes, and to provide you with a copy of your personal data that we hold. The law does allow us, in certain cases to refuse your request, and we will advise you at the time if this is the case. We will need to verify your identity before disclosing personal information.
Should you wish to access or update your information, please contact:
Adventure Southland Ltd
PO Box 5134,
A Right to Object
You have the right to object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing or where we use it on the basis that we say we have a legitimate interest in using it.